Join Changing Steps Cardiff
Getting to the University in a way that is good for the environment and your neighbourhood deserves more than just a pat on the back. With the BetterPoints app your sustainable journeys can earn you rewards every time you walk, wheel, run, cycle, or use public transport.
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. It will track how you choose to get around and show how many points you’ve earned. You can spend your points on campus, with high-street retailers, or donate them to charity.
Changing Steps Cardiff is due to run until 16 June 2023. It’s about encouraging staff and students to create a cleaner, greener city by travelling to University in ways that benefit the environment, health and your community.
Watch a short video here or follow these instructions to get you started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Tap 'Join Now' and register using your @cardiff.ac.uk email address. You must use this email to be eligible to join.
3. There will be a welcome message in your app timeline inviting you to join 'Changing Steps Cardiff'. Alternatively, tap the 'Challenges' tab on the bottom navigation bar and select it there.
4. Complete your baseline survey from the message in your timeline to unlock your activity rewards.
5. Tap the Play ▶️ button in the top right corner of the app to track your activities via Automatic (always on) or Manual Tracking (when you want to track a specific activity).
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate in the app. Check out the rewards you can earn here. We will also share news of what is going on at the University to help you to stay active. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways throughout the programme.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?