Join Changing Steps Cardiff
Getting to the University in a way that is good for the environment and your neighbourhood deserves more than just a pat on the back. With the BetterPoints app your sustainable journeys can earn you rewards every time you walk, wheel, run, cycle, or use public transport.
Earning BetterPoints is easy! Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play. It will record how you choose to get around and show how many points you’ve earned. You can spend your points on campus, with national retailers, or donate them to charity.
The Changing Steps Cardiff challenge is all about encouraging staff and students to create a cleaner, greener city by travelling to University in ways that benefit the environment, health and your community.
Follow these instructions to get started:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Tap "Join Now" and register using your @cardiff.ac.uk email address. You must use this email to be eligible to join.
3. Confirm your account from the email in your inbox (check the spam folder if you don't see it).
4. Complete the "Changing Steps Get Started Survey" from the message in your timeline to unlock your activity rewards.
5. Switch "Tracking is on" in the top right to record your activities.
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
How can we help you to stay motivated?
With BetterPoints you can see your points accumulate in the app. Check out the rewards you can earn here. We will also share news of what is going on at the University to help you maintain your active and sustainable travel habit. We've got regular prize draws, plus we'll have campaigns, competitions and giveaways throughout the challenge.
How much information do I need to share to sign up?
Where do I find out more about the challenge?
Visit the Changing Steps Cardiff FAQs page here.